This guide showcases the current workflow for synchronization of cloud and field data via Trimble Connect and Trimble Access.
- Sign in to trimble connect on your web browser (Trimble Connect) using your Trimble id.
- From here select Australia as your region.
- Select an existing project you have been invited to or create a new project. You have two options for creating a new project:
- Select New
- or On an existing project select the 3 dot button and select "Use as template for new project"
You will be able to select what configurations you will want to copy over to the new project. Once you have selected your requirements press next.
- Select New
- Give the project a name then press submit.
- You will be greeted by the Explorer Window. This is the root directory of your project. Here you can drag and drop files into the project. If you require a folder structure press the add button in the top right to create a folder. Navigate into the folder then drag and drop files relating to that folder.
Once the files are uploaded it will be populated like the following:
- You can select the file to check the current cloud version. If you have an updated file just upload the file with the same name to connect and the versioning will update automatically. You can download previous file versions by pressing the "see history" button.
- From the "Team" menu item you can invite other users to join your project.
- Your project has now been created, data has been uploaded and team members have been invited.
- Open Trimble Access on your data collector.
- Log in using your Trimble ID
- Open Sync Scheduler
- Have the following settings selected and press Accept.
- Select your cloud project and press "Download"
- You will now be shown the Sync Settings window. These are the folders/files you select in Trimble Access to continuously sync with the cloud so that you get new files or new file version updates. Once you are satisfied with your selection press Accept.
- You will be shown the download page. Press download.
- Create a new job in the appropriate coord system.
- In the layer manager press the add button to navigate to the required files for the jobs tasks.
- You can either navigate to a local file in the "trimble data > project" folder or select "trimble connect" and pull directly from the cloud project.
- If a new version of a file is uploaded into trimble connect, trimble access will notify you. Trimble Access checks for the following changes:
- when you sign in
- when you open a job
- when you select a file to link to the job using "Layer Manager"
- every 15 minutes
- Here is an example of Trimble Access detecting a new file version mid job:
- If you select "Download" you will go to the "Download" screen where you will be able to check local/cloud versioning. If you are satisfied press the "download" button to get the new version.
- Once you have completed the job, "end your survey".
- Go to the "Job" screen by pressing main menu then the job.
- Change the "Status" to "Field work complete"
- Trimble Access will upload the job to Trimble Connect. Once the upload is complete the job will have a ticked cloud icon.
- You can now Assign the job to a manager that is apart of the project. The manager will receive an email notification saying a job is ready for review.
- Back in Trimble Connect you can download the completed job from the ToDo section:
- Alternately, you can Download the Job in Trimble Business Centre via the "Connected Workspace" button. (This button is found in TBC 2023.10)
For additional information or assistance, contact 1800 800 874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org