Increased strain placed on the instrument by extreme measuring conditions, transportation, prolonged storage and major changes in temperature may lead to misalignment of the instrument and faulty measurement results, particularly in case of different distances from instrument to staff. Adjusting the line of sight and defined measurement methods eliminating these errors.
- Select the Trimble Icon
- Select the Multi. meas button
- Set the Number of Measurements to at least 3. Press Enter
- Select Configuration
- Select Adjustment
- You will be greeted by the below screen. Take note of the c_ value. Press Enter.
- Select the Forstner Method.
- You will be greeted by the following screen:
To get a better understanding of the above screen please refer to the below image:
- To Complete the Forstner method please follow these steps:
- Setup a barcode staff 15m to one side of the Dini (eg: Station 1 and Staff A)
- Take your 1st measurement by pressing the blue measure button on the Dini
- Move the staff 45m from where you are standing to the opposite side of the Dini (eg: Station 1 and Staff B)
- Take your 2nd measurement
- Move the Dini 15m closer to Staff B (eg: Station 2 and Staff B)
- Take your 3rd measurement
- Move the staff back to its original position (eg: Station 2 and Staff A)
- Take your 4th measurement
- Once you complete you measurements you will be greeted with the results screen:
- If the △c is >3.0" we recommend doing the test again. If the second time you do the test and the △c value is still >3.0" please check that the levels bubbles of your Dini and staff are both correct and that the staff sleeves are correctly locked in place. If you are still getting a △c value >3.0" then the instrument may need to come in for service. Please call 1800 800 UPG for support.
- Press Enter
- You will be greeted by the below screen:
Turn your barcode staff 180 so you can read the E scale and see if when manually reading the E scale you get the same result as the above screen. In this instance 2.200m. If you don't you will need to adjust the crosshairs of your Dini:
For additional information or assistance, contact 1800 800 874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org